Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waiheke Island

Just come back from a weekend in Auckland, got taken to Waiheke Island for the Sculpture exhibition. Somewhere I've always wanted to go, thank you Frans and Maria!
Below are some photos


 The ferry crossing, Rangitoto island in the background

 Cheeky Moa- Chris Meder
 cicada!
 French Knitting
 Barebottom land
 cabbage trees

 Collapse- Fletcher Vaughan
 Prodigal Child -Paul Radford
 Washed up on Waiheke- David McCraken
 solar powered rowing boat- Marcel Grosse
 oversized coffee cup- just right for NZ!
 my favourite- Pacific Radiolaria- Virginia King
 path down to beach
tree bark

Auckland at night


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good weekend. Reminds me of Sculptures by the Sea at Bondi, love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... pushing boundaries ey- coffee cups and stone pills! interesting. I like the Moa, I think he is from Dnd??

    ReplyDelete